International Studies in English at Universidad de Sevilla - Seville, Spain
Why choose Seville?
Seville, a beautiful and ancient city on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, is the centerpiece of your study abroad experience. Seville has a temperate climate and rich cultural life. As the land of Carmen and Don Juan, Seville embodies the culture of Southern Spain. In this picturesque city, you will discover moorish palaces and renaissance gardens, flowered patios, paintings, statues, flamenco dancing and music, bull fights at La Real de Caballería, siesta, tortillas, and the Spanish way of life.
About the International Studies Program
Experience Seville, Spain with the International Studies Program in English, at Universidad de Sevilla
(USEV). This program offers students with little or no previous background in Spanish the opportunity to take courses in English and Spanish at a local Spanish university. With the support of a Resident Director, students enroll in a variety of content courses, specifically designed for international students. The program includes numerous cultural activities, day trips, and excursions.
- Take classes at a local Spanish University
- Semester or Academic Year
- Opportunities to volunteer in local organizations
- All students enroll in a mandatory Spanish language class and a 1-credit SPAN 343: Cultural Realities of Spain course
- Classes generally meet Monday-Thursday, allowing for independent travel
- Average class size: 10-12
- 13-16 semester credits
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
TRAVEL THE LAND...
Visits to locations such as:
- Museo de Bellas Artes, a fine arts museum converted from a 15th-century convent
- Archivo de Indias, home to centuries of historical documents that chronicle Spain's role in the Americas
- Itálica, a vestige of the Roman Empire in Southern Spain
- Seville's principal monuments, such as the Catedral and the Alcázar, a 10th-century Moorish Palace
- Art exhibits, concerts, and evenings at the theater
- Day and Overnight Excursions may include: Roman, Muslim, and Jewish monuments in Córdoba, Mérida, and Cáceres
- The monastery of La Rábida, where Columbus planned his first voyage to the Americas
- The great Hispano-Muslim monuments of Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Upbeat nightlife and rich cultural attractions
- Volunteer opportunities
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the Universidad de Sevilla.
- No previous Spanish coursework required
- 2.75 overall GPA for the University of Seville
- 13-16 semester credits
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011